www.choptankelectric.coop – How to Pay Choptank Electric BillFinance
About Choptank Electric
Choptank Electric is a well-known non-profitable electric utility company. They basically serve electricity to the rural areas within the Eastern Shore of Maryland. This cooperative was started in 1938. The headquarter of this company is located in Denton, Maryland, USA. Throughout Maryland, they serve over 52,000 members. As of 2001, they have ranked as the 11th largest electric company within Maryland.
How to Pay Choptank Electric Bill
Choptank Electric serves several payment methods to pay your electric bill. You can pay your utility bill by following any payment options below.
Pay Choptank Electric Bill via Online Method:
- Make payment for the Choptank Electric bill through the online payment option. But, before start making a payment, register your account first. Register your account on the official website. If you already completed the registration, then follow these steps:
- Simply go to the Choptank Electric website.
- Visit this link at choptankelectric.coop, to access the website.
- Then, on the homepage of the website, you will see the login section.
- Then, on the provided field, input your username and password.
- After providing your details, select the Sign In option.
- Then, follow the further steps to make the payment for Choptank Electric Bill.
Pay Choptank Electric Bill by Mobile App:
You can pay your Choptank Electric bill through SmartHub mobile app. You can access your Choptank Electric account information on the mobile app. This application is available on both platforms to download. If you are using your iPhone, then look at Apple Apps Store for this app. Visit Google Play Store to get the SmartHub app on your Android mobile. Then, open the SmartHub mobile app and log in to your account to make your bill payment.
Pay Choptank Electric Bill by Phone:
Choptank Electric allows its customers to pay their bills over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 1-866-999-4574 to contact customer service. Simply follow the automated call service to pay your Choptank Electric bill from your phone.
Choptank Electric Bill Payment by Mail:
Pay your Choptank Electric bill through the traditional mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Choptank Electric. The main payment method is slower than the order payment methods. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your Choptank Electric account number to your check. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
P.O. Box 430
Denton, MD 21629
Choptank Electric Bill Payment at Drop Boxes:
You can make your payment for the Choptank Electric bill through drop boxes at Salisbury and Denton. If the payment is made through dropbox, then it will be deposit in your Choptank account on the next day. To find your nearest drop box locations, visit the contact page at www.choptankelectric.coop
Pay Choptank Electric Bill at MoneyGram:
You can also make the Choptank Electric bill at MoneyGram locations, such as CVS pharmacies and Walmart. In order to find MoneyGram locations, you need to visit the website at www.moneygram.com. To make the payment through MoneyGram, you will be charged the transaction fee of $1.50.
Pay Choptank Electric Bill by Bank Draft Authorization:
Through the BDA or Bank Draft Authorization is an electric bill payment option. By BDA, the payment amount will be deducted from your bank. To enroll in the BDA program, you will require the credit card and bank draft authorization form. If you need more information, then call at 1-877-892-0001. Otherwise, you can visit any of your nearest Cooperative offices.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- These are the following fees, that you might be charged with the Choptank Electric bill.
- Late Payment Fees: In case, you cannot make the payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. For the late payment, you have to pay 1.5% of the past due date.
- Returned Payment Fee: If your payment check is returned by the bank, then you have to pay the returned check fee of $25.
- Collection Fee: If the Choptank Electric representative collects the payment from the service address, then you have to pay the collection fees of $10.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
For any financial reason, if you miss your bill payment, immediately contact the customer service department at 1-877-892-0001.
LIHEAP: This payment assistance program is available for low-income customers. To get this service, you must have to apply for support once per year.
Read More : Login To Your Wish Account Online
Choptank Electric Contact Info
In case, you need to contact the Choptank Electric customer service department, then contact at:
Member Service Center: 877-892-0001
Outage Reporting Number: 800-410-4790
Automated Member Service Number: 866-999-4574
Send correspondence to:
Choptank Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 430
Denton, MD 21629