www.georgiapower.com – How to Pay Your Georgia Power BillFinance
About Georgia Power
Georgia Power is an electric utility company. This utility company was first introduced as the Georgia Railway and Power Company. The headquarter of this company is located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Georgia Power is among the four largest utilities throughout the Southern Company. It provides its electric services to over 2.4 million service consumers across four of Georgia’s 159 counties.
How to Pay Georgia Power Bill
There is a lot of payment options available to pay your Georgia Power bill. You can choose to follow any payment method to make the payment for your electric bill. Before these payment options below, which is right for you.
Pay Georgia Power Bill via Online Method:
- Make payment for the Georgia Power bill through the online payment option. But, before start making a payment, register your account first. If you already completed the registration, then follow these steps:
- Simply go to the Georgia Power website.
- Visit this link georgiapower.com, to access the Georgia Power website.
- On the top right corner, you need to select the My Account option.
- Then, on the provided field, input the Username and Password.
- To save your username on the current device, check the Remember Me option.
- After providing your details, select the Login option.
- Then, follow the further steps to make the payment for the Georgia Power bill.
Pay Georgia Power Bill by AutoPay:
- AutoPay allows the customers to pay their Georgia Power bill automatically from checking or savings account, credit, or debit cards. You have to enroll in AutoPay to pay your bill automatically. So, there is nothing to worry about the Georgia Power bill each month. To enroll for AutoPay, follow these steps:
- You have to go to this link customerservice2.southerncompany.com
- Then, on the login section, provide your username and password.
- After providing your details, select the Log In option.
- After that, follow the steps further to set up your AutoPay service.
Pay Georgia Power Bill by Mail:
- Pay your Georgia Power bill through the traditional mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Georgia Power. The mail payment method is slower than the other payment method. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your Georgia Power account number to your check. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
Georgia Power Payments
Atlanta, Georgia 30396
Pay Georgia Power Bill by Phone:
Georgia Power allows its customers to pay their bills over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 1‑888‑660‑5890 to contact customer service. Simply follow the automated call service to pay your Georgia Power bill from your phone. The payment service is available 24/7.
Pay Georgia Power Bill in Person:
- You can choose to pay your utility bill in person. By using cash, you can easily pay your utility bill. You can visit the office locations for your bill payment. You have to follow these addresses below:
- You need to go to this link customerservice2.southerncompany.com
- Then, provide your address, city, or zip code on the given fields.
- Then, simply select the Search icon to find your payment centers.
- You can pay with your bank, credit, or debit card.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- There are several fees associated with your Georgia Power bill. You will also be charged a security deposit.
- Late Fees: If you cannot make the bill payment within the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. For the late payment, you have to pay 1.5% of the total amount of your monthly bill.
- Security Deposit: You will be charged a security deposit to make your bill payment. For the security deposits, you have to pay 2.5% of your average monthly bill.
Tier 1: $100
Tier 2: $150
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- You will get several assistance programs for the customers who are having trouble making payments. These assistance programs can vary on a customer-by-customer basis. To know more about these programs, you can contact the customer service department.
- Budget Billing: If you have exceptional credit, then you can apply for this program. It averages your annual usage and then you have to pay the amount on monthly basis.
- FlatBill: This allows the customers to pay a flat rate for 12 months.
- LIHEAP: If you are a low-income customer, then you can apply for this program. Due to limited funds, we suggest you apply for this program as soon as possible.
Read More : How to Pay Choptank Electric Bill
Georgia Power Contact Info
If you have any questions regarding the Georgia Power bill payment, you can contact the customer service department.
Report a Power Outage: 1-888-891-0938 (24 hrs./7 days)
All Residential Customer Service: 1-888-660-5890 (M-F / 7am – 7pm)
Business Customer Service: 1-888-655-5888 (M-F / 8am – 6pm)